When it comes to technology, devices inevitably face the risk of damages and malfunction. One such device that often suffers from such issues is the laptop, particularly its touch screen. However, the good news is that in many cases, a laptop touch screen can be fixed. Let’s discuss:
Types of Damages
Touch screen damages on laptops vary widely. The most common types include:
- Physical Damage: This typically happens due to the impact of dropping or hitting the laptop, resulting in cracks or completely shattered screens.
- Water Damage: This type of damage occurs when the laptop comes into contact with water, leading to a malfunctioning touch screen.
- Display Faults: Sometimes, the laptop screen may show pixelated images, strange lines, or patches, indicative of screen display issues.
- Touch Screen Inactivity: In this case, the laptop’s touch screen does not respond to touch, which could be due to software or hardware problems.
When is Fixing without Screen Replacement Available?
Not all damage necessitates a complete screen replacement. Here are some conditions where a fix might be possible without replacing the screen:
- Software issues: Sometimes, the touch screen fails due to software problems, which can be rectified by updating or reinstalling the software.
- Drive problems: If the touch screen’s drivers are outdated or corrupted, updating or reinstalling them can fix the issue.
- Minor physical damage: Minor scratches or small cracks which do not affect the overall performance can be repaired using specific methods or kits available on the market.
Cost of Fixing
Although prices can vary significantly depending on the extent of damage and the laptop’s model, here’s an approximate cost breakdown:
|Type of Repair||Estimated Cost|
|Screen replacement||$200 – $600|
|Software/Driver update||Free – $100|
|Minor physical damage repair||Around $100|
Remember, these costs might be higher or lower depending on the specific situation and the professional services involved. Nonetheless, fixing a laptop touch screen is certainly possible, offering an excellent alternative to completely replacing the device.