There are many golf GPS apps for the iPhone, so we cut the field down to those worthwhile of your consideration. iPhone apps include some compromises compared to dedicated handheld golf GPS units however deliver a lot of functionality. Remember:
- These apps consume a lot of power, although app developers have actually improved power performance for many years. Start with a complete charge, and use power-save modes when readily available.
- Phones are not waterproof. Use a protective case or plastic bag in case of rain.
- Take notice of the scorecard and stats-tracking functions of each app. Some have more extensive functionality in these categories than others. Stats-hounds are most likely to be pleased with the Golfshot Golf GPS app.
1. Golfshot: Golf GPS for iPhone
Golfshot now is available in two variations: “Classic” and a “Plus Scorecard and Tee Times” edition. The Plus edition is likewise compatible with Apple Watch. The Plus edition likewise much better graphics and flyovers than Classic.
Both variations of Golfshot have the top-line features, but also set themselves apart with best-in-class statistics tracking and graphing. They automatically create outstanding color graphics for fairways hit and missed out on (left or right), greens in guideline, sand conserves, putts per hole, and more.
The course database consists of 40,000-plus courses and is constantly free to update.
Extra features include:
- Zoomable bird’s-eye view with “TruePoint” touch targeting for ranges.
- Shot range tracking.
- Automatic course handicap calculator.
- E-mailable scorecards.
- Targets and threats ranges.
- HD support for iPad.
- Terrific stats visualizations.
iTunes customer reviews: 4+ out of 5 for the existing version.
2. Hole19 GPS Rangefinder and Scorecard
The Hole19 golf GPS app supplies a lot of bang for no dollars – it’s complimentary.
We played a few rounds with Hole19, and found it equivalent in numerous methods to the excellent apps on the market that cost from $10 to $30.
The core of Hole19’s performance is its flyover view and ranges screens. The flyover screen consists of a bird’s-eye view of the hole, with overall distance to the pin showed in the top right.
You may tap at target icon and drag it to any point on the hole to get a distance to a fairway bunker or water danger, for instance.
From the flyover screen, you may pull down a menu that provides easy mathematical readings to the front, center, and the back of the green (as well as the hole number and par). You may likewise tap to set a beginning point for shot distance tracking.
iTunes client evaluations: 4+ out of 5 for the existing variation.
3. GolfLogix for iPhone
GolfLogix has actually progressively enhanced its golf GPS iPhone app to the point that it has actually gotten into my top 5 picks. The latest version has a sharp, brilliant, user friendly interface constructed from the ground up for the iPhone.
Aerial views offer a terrific look at each hole, and a summary screen provides range to the center of the green, layup range, and ranges to dangers.
The scorecard is easy to use and has the appearance of a paper scorecard. You can quickly determine shot distances with the GolfLogix app, and the statistics utility captures and graphs a variety of statistics, including fairways hit, greens hit, and greens in guideline. Consists of totally free handicap tracking.
iTunes customer reviews: 4+ out of 5 for the current variation.
4. Mobitee Premium iPhone Golf GPS
Mobitee is one of the top-downloaded iPhone golf GPS apps. There are versions for both iPhone and iPad.
Mobitee is identified by its complimentary and included satellite and aerial views of each hole, in addition to video flyovers for many holes. Golf enthusiasts also like its easy, and user friendly interface.
- Register distances you play each club.
- Track scoring for up to 4 players. Set handicap to get net scores.
- Distance to hole with a moveable target.
- Search, list, and show on map close-by courses.
- Rangefinder view with distances on-screen.
iTunes customer reviews: 4+ out of 5 for the existing variation.
5. Sonocaddie 2 Golf GPS App
The majority of golf GPS apps rely exclusively on aerial and satellite imagery to show specific golf holes, however Sonocaddie sets itself apart with bright color-map layout pictures of each hole.
These color designs are offered in addition to aerial images. The color layouts help you recognize key course hazards and pop well aesthetically in brilliant sunlight.
Sonocaddie also boasts a deep worldwide course database of more than 40,000 courses. Sonocaddie has all the functions you expect including touch-point positioning, shot distance measurement, and a digital scorecard.
Last updated on July 21st, 2019