If you do not remember your Gmail username or password you can recuperate your e-mail address using Google Account Recovery. Enter your recovery email address or telephone number to discover your old Gmail address.
How to Find Out and Access to Old Gmail Account
Use Recovery Email
- Gain access to Google Account Recovery from the Check in page. Click Requirement Help?
- Select I don’t know my username and click Continue.
- Try first to use your recovery email address. This is the email address you supplied when you registered for your Gmail account. It could be your work email address or the e-mail address you presently use. If the recovery address is not a Gmail address, you are sent out an email containing instructions to recover your account.
- Go into the first and last name attached to your account. Verify that you are “not a robotic” by copying the CAPTCHA text and click Submit.
- Check in to the Google account that uses your recovery e-mail, if your recovery address is a Gmail address. Gmail next programs you which email addresses are connected with your recovery email. If you see the address you look for, select it and proceed with the sign-in process.
Receive a Verification Code
If you do not keep in mind the recovery email address you provided when you registered for your Gmail account, use your telephone number instead.
- Go back to the Google Account Recovery page and enter your recovery contact number. This is likely your telephone number.
- Opt to have Google send you a confirmation code by means of text or automated phone call.
- Enter the first and last name connected with your account, type the CAPTCHA text and click Submit.
- Enter the code Google sends you and click Continue. Google will then show you the usernames connected with your contact number.
After you recuperate your Gmail address, try signing into your account. If you are unable to remember your Gmail password, Google offers options.
- Click Requirement Assist?
- Select I have no idea my password and enter your e-mail address. Click Continue.
- Enter the last password you remember and click Continue. If you are not sure of your password, click I Don’t Know.
- Choose to get your verification code through text or automated call and click Continue.
- Verify your identity by responding to security concerns if you have no access to your phone.
Update Recovery Settings
After you regain access to your old Gmail account, update your account recovery alternatives so your settings are current. Browse to Google’s Security page and make sure your recovery email and telephone number are existing. Use Google’s Security Checklist to make particular you have secured your account.
Last updated on September 16th, 2019