A Canon wireless printer setup follows certain protocols, it is not a plug and print plan. This is endemic to all printers not just from Canon, set of instructions require to be followed to link to wireless printers.
Following the guidelines dutifully is a must, because any lapse in the sequence will automatically lead to a failed attempt and printer will not respond to commands. Like all printers Canon has some gain access to points (known also as hubs or routers) that includes an automated connection button or WPS (Wifi Protected Setup). This is the portal that will allow a PIXMA MG3540 printer for instance to connect to a network without the requisite password.
Utilizing the WPS button is the simplest method to connect, nevertheless if it does not have one, some alternate technique is available to still permit connection to prevail. Direction are detailed as follows:
- For Windows users, use the CD that featured the printer and run the setup. For MAC users, download the handbooks and software by selecting ‘selecting your product’ from the PIXMA range page.
- A preliminary screen needs to appear, then click ‘next’, type the password to enable the ‘helper tool’ to be installed.
- When prepared, choose between USB or wireless connection, click. The sequence will not work if the printer is not powered on.
- The printer is now all set, the next step is to link to the ‘network’. As the ‘cableless setup’ appears on the screen, hold down the printers WiFi button till the orange alarm light flashes two times, then release.
- At this stage heaven (WiFi) light must be rapidly flashing and that the green power light is lit. Remember that the ‘network connection’ will be momentarily disabled during the setup.
- Next the ‘licensing agreement for canon items’ and ‘please allow all set up wizard procedures’ should appear on the screen, click.
- The model of the printer and the name (SSID) of the wireless will appear on the screen. And it lastly concludes the connection setup. Run a test print.
The Canon wireless printer setup has been set to be easy to deal with and be user-friendly, otherwise no one would attempt to follow link to wireless printer guideline and instead have it pre-installed.
As in all installation guidelines, it takes common sense to go through the sequence.
Last updated on September 16th, 2019