Small farms are widespread in the United States, which explains the demand for small tractors. In comparison to medium and big tractors, small ones have a lot of advantages for the most farms. And one of these advantages is the price.
Factors Affecting the Cost of a Compact Tractor
The main criteria for choosing a new or used tractor are:
- Reliability availability of a service center
- Cost effectiveness
- Availability of the necessary capacity and functionality
- Ease of use Security
- Reputation on the market (for possible resale in the future)
Which Small Tractor is Best For You
Let’s be honest – the best tractor on the market is 90% the best option for you. Therefore, I offer you a rating of modern tractors for small farms, and you will determine which option you prefer.
Fendt 208 Vario Tractor – The Best Compact Tractor for a Reasonable Price
Weighing all the pros and cons, I came to the conclusion that this mini-tractor should be called the best. Its Arsenal includes all the necessary functions for working on a normal farm. The price corresponds to the quality, and the quality, we admit, is good.
Key features of the tractor:
- Maximum Power: 85 hp
- Maximum Torque at 1600 rpm: 337
- No. of cylinders: 3
- Cubic capacity: 3300 cc
- Fuel tank capacity: 125 L
- Stepless Vario transmission system
- Maximum speed: 40 km/h
Resume: Tractor makers are progressively challenged to deliver equipment that offer exceptional productivity and operator comfort while reducing the environmental impact through high fuel performance and lowered soil compaction.
Fendt 208 Vario Tractor will cost you about 34
Kubota B2320 Narrow – Best Specialized Tractor
The Kubota B2320 Narrow tractor provides 223.0 HP and is among the finest compact tractors for a small farm. You can include a front loader, mid-mount mower, and lots of front-mounts to this tractor. User-friendly and flexible, this high-performing Kubota is one of the most comfortable tractors on the market.
Resume: Even operators without much experience will find the Kubota line of little farm tractors instinctive and simple to handle.
John Deere 1023E – Small and Budget Friendly Option
If you need a really small and functional tractor from a reliable manufacturer, the 1023E is the John Deere tractor you need.
Key features of 1023E compact tractor:
- Rapidly and easily change speed and directions with Twin Touch foot controls and Hydrostatic transmission (HST).
- Flexibility in operation with multiple mid-mower lift system alternatives.
- Exceptional maneuverability and simple operation with standard 4×4 (4WD) and power steering.
- Spend more time working and less time changing devices with easy implement swaps.
- Comfortable and practical open operator’s station.
Resume: With over 100 carries out (Frontier) available, remarkably deluxe functions, six-year powertrain guarantee, and competitive rates, the John Deere 1023E might just be that perfect compromise tractor that truly does not compromise after all.
Mentioned Small Tractors’ Prices
Prices are for the beginning of 2020 (new models):
Fendt 208 Vario Tractor price: ~ $34,000
Kubota B2320 Narrow price: ~ $13,000
John Deere 1023E price: ~ $20,000