If you do not think you’ll use Meta (old name is Facebook) again, deleting it permanently eliminates your profile, friends, posts and uploaded content. Unlike deactivating your account — which enables you to gain access to profile info again if you choose to come back to Meta/Facebook — as soon as you erase your account for good, there’s no option for recovery. When you send a demand to erase your account completely, all that’s left is to validate the removal.
- Completely delete your account if you have not currently done so. To do so, go to Facebook and log in to your account.
- Go to the “Delete My Account page.” The page will only show up when you’re visited to your account.
- Click the “Submit” button. Wait at least a day for the account to be erased. The system deliberately postpones the procedure in case you change your mind and no longer want to permanently erase your account.
- Visit to the e-mail account you used as your Facebook sign on name. You ought to see an account removal verification e-mail from Facebook.
What if I do not want all my material deleted, however I want to take a break from Meta?
According to Facebook help center, you can take a break from Meta/Facebook and temporarily deactivate your account. When you momentarily deactivate your account:
- People won’t be able to see or go to your Facebook profile.
- Your photos, posts and videos won’t be deleted.
- You can still use Facebook Messenger. Your profile picture will still be visible in your conversations and people will still be able to look for you by name to send you a message. You will continue to appear to pals on Facebook in places where they can message you.
- You can still use Meta/Facebook Login for your other apps, like Spotify, Pinterest or Games.
- You will not have the ability to use your Meta account to gain access to Oculus Products or your Oculus details.
- Pages that only you manage will also be shut off. If your Page is deactivated, people can’t see your Page or discover your Page if they search for it. If you don’t desire your Page to be shut off, you can give another person complete control of your Page. You’ll then be able to deactivate your account without shutting down the Page.
- You can pick to come back whenever you want.