Animated GIF files are comprised of either a series of various images or from a short clip of a bigger video file. You can safe any GIFs you encounter while browsing the Web or reading through emails. If saved poorly, however, only one picture of the animated GIF is saved money on the computer system. Saving the file in the right format and opening it in an appropriate format allows you to see and even modify GIFs.
How to Save GIFs to the Computer
- Place your cursor over the GIF file you’re conserving.
- Right-click over the file. A menu opens.
- Click “Save Image As” within the menu. A window opens.
- Click the “Save as type” drop-down menu at the bottom of the open window. Numerous file alternatives appear. Choose “GIF Image” inside the menu.
- Click “Save.” The GIF is minimized the computer.
- Open a program suitable with GIFs. Opening a Web browser window is OKAY if you aren’t modifying the file.
- Click “File” at the top of the image software program or Web browser. A menu appears.
- Select “Open” or “Open File.” A window opens.
- Locate and click the GIF file inside the window.
- Click “Open.” The GIF file opens inside the program or browser window.
Last updated on September 16th, 2019