Roblox is an extensively popular platform where users can interact with each other in virtual 3D and play countless games that were built by other players. The social phenomenon has actually grown by leaps and bounds, along with the imaginative productions found within its digital borders.
Adding to Roblox’s appeal is the reality that it supports most operating systems and devices consisting of Windows, macOS, Android, iOS and even Xbox One. Unfortunately, there has not been a variation of Roblox created for Chrome OS.
Hope is not lost, nevertheless, as there are a couple of workarounds that may let you play the international feeling on your Chromebook after all.
Installing Roblox from Google Play
There was a time where the only os that might run apps from the Google Play Store was Android, however things have altered and owners of particular Chromebook models can now profit. This is the easiest and most dependable way to play Roblox on your Chromebook, if you’re one of the fortunate ones who can.
To discover whether or not your particular design supports Google Play apps, take the following actions.
- Click your user picture, usually located in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
- When the pop-out window appears, click the Settings icon– represented by a gear.
- Chrome OS’s Settings interface should now be shown. Scroll down and search for an area identified Google Play Store. If you can not discover this section, it likely implies that your Chromebook model does not support Google Play Store apps and you’ll require to attempt among the alternative techniques discovered later on in this post.
- If you do find this area and it is not already allowed, activate it by picking the TURN ON button and agreeing to the Google Play Terms of Service.
Now that you’ve enabled Google Play on your Chromebook, it’s time to set up Roblox.
- Open your Chrome internet browser.
- Navigate to the Roblox page in the Google Play Store.
- Click on the INSTALL button.
- A development bar will now be displayed, detailing the status of the file download procedure. As soon as total, Roblox will immediately be set up.
- After setup is completed, pick the OPEN button.
- Roblox will now launch and prompt you to either login or register for an account. To play Roblox at any time moving forward, click on the Launcher button in the bottom left-hand corner of your screen and choose the game’s icon.
Other Ways to Try to Play Roblox on Your Chromebook
If your Chromebook design can’t run apps from the Google Play Store, then you’ll require to turn to some not-so-ideal workarounds if you want to play Roblox. Regrettably, none of these alternatives are simple to configure. It should be noted that substandard game efficiency will almost certainly be a concern when utilizing these approaches, but if you can reach a tolerable level of gameplay then it might be worth your time.
Playing Roblox on a Remote Computer
This alternate method of playing Roblox on your Chromebook just works if you or a friend has a Mac or PC with the game installed, and in the latter situation allows you to access their computer system remotely. By making use of the Chrome Remote Desktop app, you can connect to another computer system running Roblox and play it on your Chromebook within that remote session.
- To get going, guarantee that the computer system you are preparing to connect to has both the Chrome web internet browser and Roblox already set up.
- On your Chromebook, browse to the Chrome Remote Desktop page in the Chrome Web Store.
- Click on the ADD TO CHROME button.
- When prompted, select Add App.
- After a brief delay, the Chrome Remote Desktop installation will be total and a confirmation message will appear in the lower right-hand corner of your screen.
- Repeat actions 2-4 on the Mac or PC that contains Roblox, ensuring that Chrome Remote Desktop is set up there also.
- Introduce the Chrome Remote Desktop app on both your Chromebook and the remote computer system, following the on-screen directions on each to establish connectivity from Chrome OS to the Mac or Windows PC. If you are accessing a friend’s computer as just a one-time thing to play Roblox, then you need to both choose the Remote Assistance alternative when the app first launches. Nevertheless, if you plan to gain access to this computer frequently to play Roblox then follow the My Computers course– enabling remote connections on the Roblox device. Taking this path will prompt the Mac or PC to set up Chrome Remote Desktop Host, and will permit you to establish relied on connections in between it and your Chromebook.
- When you’ve developed a remote session from your Chromebook to the Mac or PC, simply open the Roblox application and start playing. While Chrome Remote Desktop can provide you complete control over another computer, it was not designed with resource-intensive gaming in mind. Because of this, you ought to be gotten ready for possible lag, dropped connections, frame rate problems and other bothersome disruptions.
Playing Roblox on Linux
If your Chromebook model can’t run apps from the Google Play Store, then you’ll need to resort to some not-so-ideal workarounds if you wish to play Roblox. Unfortunately, none of these alternatives are simple to configure. One of the more complicated ways to get Roblox on your Chromebook is to first install the Linux os and after that run the game inside a virtual maker or through WineHQ, which allows you to run some Windows applications in Linux.
- To begin, you first require to set up Linux on your Chromebook. Our step-by-step tutorial will walk you through what is a fairly prolonged process. As soon as Linux is up and running, you’ll need to choose whether or not you wish to utilize a virtual maker solution or effort to run the Windows variation of Roblox through the WineHQ application.
- If you ‘d like to attempt running Roblox in a VM, first choose a practical option from our list of the best virtual device programs. After you have a fully-functional VM running macOS or Windows, visit the Roblox website to download the variation suitable with your virtual operating system.
- If you ‘d like to attempt running Roblox through WineHQ, first install the latest stable version of the software from its official site. After WineHQ is set up and running, go to the Roblox site to download the game’s Windows version. You ought to now have the ability to run the Roblox EXE on Linux through WineHQ.
As we pointed out above, you must not anticipate a smooth, smooth game experience when running Roblox on Linux. However, if all you have is an older Chromebook available this may be your only course.
Last updated on September 16th, 2019