You can archive messages on Facebook to put them in a different folder, away from the primary list of discussions. This assists organize your discussions without erasing them, which is especially helpful if you do not require to message someone but you still want to save the texts.
If you can’t find archived Facebook messages, use the suitable set of guidelines below. Keep in mind that Facebook messages can be accessed on both Facebook and Messenger.com.
On Facebook or Messenger
The quickest way to get to the archived messages is to open this link for Facebook.com messages, or this one for Messenger.com. Either will take you straight to the archived messages.
Or, you can follow these actions to by hand open your archived messages (Messenger.com users can avoid down to Step 3):.
1. For Facebook.com users, open Messages. It’s at the top of Facebook on the very same menu bar as your profile name.
2. Click See All in Messenger at the bottom of the message window.
3. Open the Settings, assistance and more button on the leading left of the page (the gear icon).
4. Select Archived Threads.
You can unarchive Facebook messages by just sending another message to that recipient. It will show up again in the primary list of messages in addition to any other messages that aren’t archived.
On a Mobile Device
You can get to your archived messages from the mobile version of Facebook too. From your browser, either open the Messages page or do this:
1. Open Messenger.
2. Tap the search bar at the top of the screen and type the name of the person you want to view messages for.
3. Select the friend whose messages you wish to see from the search results page and after that you’ll see all of the messages from that person.
How to Search Through Archived Facebook Messages
As soon as you have an archived message open in Facebook.com or Messenger.com, it’s truly simple to look for a particular keyword with that thread:
Note: You can search in any opened Facebook message, not just Archived ones.
1. Search for the Options panel on the right side of the page, simply under the recipient’s profile picture.
2. Click Search in Conversations.
3. Use the text box at the top of the message to search for particular words in that conversation, using the leftmost arrow keys (next to the search box) to see the previous/next instance of the word.
If you’re utilizing Facebook’s mobile website from your phone or tablet, you can’t search through the conversations themselves but you can search for an individual’s name from the list of discussion threads. For example, you can search “Henry” to find archived messages to Henry but you can’t look for particular words you and Henry sent out each other.
Last updated on September 16th, 2019